NAEGA is a practitioner organisation run by members for members. We bring together individuals and organisations providing adult guidance across the UK. Our members work in many settings including IAG providers, further and higher education, community education, libraries, careers services, the armed forces, voluntary organisations, employer bodies and telephone advice lines.
Latest News and Events
- Follow us on twitter
- If you're already on twitter and have a relevant snippet for us to retweet, include @NAEGA1 in your tweet so that we see it.
- If you're not on twitter, email your snippets and links to for us to tweet.
- The Mo Osborne Lifetime Achievement Award 2011
- Nominations are open for the second annual Mo Osborne Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Government Advisory Group Voices Concerns on Widespread Destruction of Careers Services for Young People
- Press release from the National Careers Service Advisory Group expressing concerns about careers guidance services for young people.
- LLUK loses licence
- Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK), the Sector Skills Council (SSC) for the lifelong learning workforce, will not be relicensed as a SSC in its own right, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has announced.
- Update on new Matrix Standard provider
- The Skills Funding Agency website carries an update on the procurement of a new organisation to manage and develop the Matrix Standard.
- Government launches Skills Strategy and Skills Investment Strategy
- The Skills Strategy, Skills for Sustainable Growth and the Skills Investment Strategy, Investing in Skills for Sustainable Growth have been published.
- 2011 Conference presentations
- The keynote and workshop presentations from Improving Future Practice: The National Adult Guidance Conference are available here.
Read All About It
- NAEGA Annual Report 2011
- Our 2011 annual report, 'Improving Future Practice', is now available to download.
- Championing Adult Guidance: the story of NAEGA 1982-2010
- Launched at our recent conference, NAEGA Occasional Paper by Professor Jonathan Brown, the first chair of the association.
- An adult guidance service: a NAEGA position statement
- NAEGA welcomes the launch of the Government's new Next Step adult careers service. For us it represents the culmination of thirty years of campaigning, experimenting and development work by our Association and its members.
- LLUK documents
- Resources from the Career Guidance project team at Lifelong Learning UK.